The Scholarship is provided to meritorious students of West Bengal studying in 12th, undergraduate and postgraduate students to help them financially.
- The scheme benefits students studying in regular mode of Class XI and XII, and at under Graduate level in Science/Arts/Commerce, Engineering, Medical, and Technical / Professional courses. Post Graduate level students pursuing Science/Arts/Commerce & Technical/Management. These scholarships will be sanctioned to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria.
- Students should pass in the year 2020 or 2019 (unable to get admission in the year 2019 due to unavoidable reason) with at least (a)75% marks in aggregate in the last qualifying examination from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education/West Bengal Council for Higher Secondary Education/Madrasa Education for Higher Secondary level or Under Graduate level Scholarship (b) 75% marks in aggregate in diploma course from Institutes approved by AICTE and affiliated to WBSCT&VE&SD for Under Graduate level Scholarship (in 2nd year Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy courses through Lateral Entry) or affiliated by State Medical Faculty for Under Graduate level Scholarship (in 2nd year Pharmacy course through Lateral Entry) (c) 53% marks in aggregate in Graduation (Honours Subject) from any State University for Post Graduate Level Scholarship (General Education) /55% marks in Graduate Courses from any State University or AICTE approved Institute of West Bengal for Post Graduate Level Scholarship (Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy).
- Students pursuing M.Phil courses and Doctoral courses (NON-NET JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW and NET-LECTURERSHIP) from State-aided Institutions will come under the purview of this Scholarship Scheme.
- Kanyashree recipients (K-2) pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts, and Commerce stream from Universities of this State after obtaining Under Graduate Degree with 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State will come under the aegis of this Scholarship Scheme.
- The upper ceiling for family income has been fixed at Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
As the payment will be made by direct beneficiary transfer only, furnishing of Bank details of the applicant, i.e. A/C No., Bank Name, IFS Code of Bank is mandatory.
- There will be no need to submit a hard copy of the application.
- Candidates opting for these scholarships and found eligible, will not be allowed to enjoy any other governmental (central/state) scholarship or stipend for the same course/stage of the study. However, one-time grants or assistance received from any source, or free or partly-free studentship allowed by the host institutions will not debar the students from availing of the benefits of this scheme.
ALLOCATION AND RATE OF SCHOLARSHIP
The basic allocation and rates will be as under :
|DIRECTORATE||COURSE||Eligibility Criteria||SCHOLARSHIP RATE PER MONTH (RS.)|
|DPI||UG (ARTS)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG(COMMERCE)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG (SCIENCE)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|PG (ARTS)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (COMMERCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (SCIENCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 53% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|NON NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D.||Date of Enrolment/Date of Registration not before 01.04.2017||5000/- / 8000/- Respectively|
|DSE||HS||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|DTE||UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED)||UG: 1. 75% 2. 75% in Diploma Course from WBSCT&VE&SD for lateral entry scheme. PG: 55% in Graduation from any State University/AICTE approved institute in West Bengal||5000/-|
|DTE&T||POLYTECHNIC (DIPLOMA COURSES)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|DME||UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||5000/- AND 1500/- RESPECTIVELY|
MEANS JUDGING CRITERIA
The total family income for the prospective scholars will be not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
Any deliberate falsification in the Income documents discovered at any stage will be considered as a grievous offense and may invite serious disciplinary actions leading to (i) compulsory and immediate refund of the amount of scholarship already enjoyed by the scholar, (ii) complete forfeiture of his/her right to apply for any governmental scholarship in future and (iii) may also attract penal provisions of other relevant laws for the time being in force.
Instructions for submission of Online Application of Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
|Application Type||Opening Date||Closing Date|
|Fresh Application 2020||07.10.2020||15.02.2021|
|Renewal(including K3 Renewal) Application||—-||—-|
|Fresh Kanyashree (K3) Application 2020||07.10.2020||15.02.2021|
Online Registration: At first applicants need to fill up and submit the online registration form. On successful submission of the Registration Form, an Applicant ID of 15 characters will be generated and it will be used to login and complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form. The Applicant Id also required for all future correspondences. Please maintain the Password Policy, for choosing the Password in the Registration Form, as instructed. Please download the Registration Slip or note down the system-generated Applicant ID for future use. The Applicant ID will also be sent to the mail id, entered at the time of registration.
** If a dropout applicant of the previous year selects 2019 as the Year of Last Qualifying Exam, then an extra field will have appeared. The applicant has to enter a valid reason in that field for not applying for the SVMCM Scholarship in 2019.
Note: Please enter valid mobile no and email id as an OTP will be sent to during the registration process for verification of the mobile no and also SMS and email will be sent after completion of registration and submission of application.
Applicants, willing to apply for K3 are required to fill up the authentication form to verify their existence in Kanyashree(K2) with the input fields Kanyashee(K2) Year of Application, Kanyashree ID, Applicant’s Name, Applicant’s Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name. On successful completion of K2 authentication, applicants will be forwarded to the registration form. The rest of the process is the same as the fresh application procedure.
For the Renewal of existing beneficiaries, Online registration is not needed, rather they can log in with their previous Applicant ID and Password to apply for renewal.
Note: Eligibility criteria for application in Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship 2020 are mentioned in detail advertisement and also in the About section, available under Downloads menu and About menu respectively.
If Applicants forget their Applicant ID or Password, they can retrieve the same using Forgot Applicant ID/Password option from the Applicant Login option.
Online Application: Login with the generated Applicant ID, Password (which was set during Registration Process), and Captcha (Security Code). After successful login, fill up the rest of the application forms. While uploading a Scanned Copy of the Image and Signature, please maintain File Format and File Size as mentioned. Image and Signature format should be JPG/JPEG and size should be between 20KB-50KB and 10KB-20KB respectively.
Upload Documents: After successful submission of application forms, the Scanned Supporting Document Upload form will appear. Upload all necessary documents as mentioned in the form. While uploading, please maintain the File format and File size, as mentioned. Files should be in PDF format and size should not exceed 400KB.
In the upload documents form, select the Competent Authority (BDO/SDO/Jt. BDO / BLRO (Panchayat Area), Executive Officer / Finance Officer / Education Officer in case of a municipality, Commissioner / Dy. Com / Municipal secretary in case of Corporation Area, G.R-A Gazetted Officer) whom the Income Certificate is issued from.
Documents to be uploaded for Fresh and Kanyashree Application:
- i. Mark sheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent (Both sides)
- ii. Mark sheet of last Board/Council/University/College examination (Both sides)
- ii. Admission receipt
- iii. Income certificate of the family (Not Applicable for Kanyashree)
- iv. Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID/Voter ID/Ration card/Certificate Issued by concerned authority
- v. Scanned copy of Bank Passbook (1st Page, containing A/C No. and IFSC)
Documents to be uploaded for Renewal Application:
- i. Copy of the Marksheet of the last examination in the present course of study. (Both sides and in the case of the semester examination system, both semester Marksheets).
- ii. Admission receipt for the promotion to the next higher class
Format for Income Certificate is available under the Downloads option in the Top menu on all pages.
Submission: After successful upload, Check the application in view mode & click on Submit Application to complete the application process.
Edit: After submission of the application form in the portal there will generally not be an option to edit application details. However, if any modification (for example, change of Institution details, etc.)is needed after submission, the applicant may approach the concerned HOI/DI for such modification. HOI/DI will then unlock the application and the applicant will then be able to edit the application details. The applicant may also approach the helpdesk by sending an email (he/she must give a registered mobile number in the email) for getting such an edit option.
MERIT JUDGING CRITERIA
Candidates whose family income is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum will be judged according to their academic merit in the under noted manner.
For HS – level:
The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 75% in aggregate, in Madhyamik Pariksha, and the total marks obtained in the Madhyamik Parkisha excluding pass marks in the additional subject, if any, will be the sole criterion for consideration. Candidates from outside the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education will not be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
For Diploma Courses (Polytechnic under DTE&T) – level:
Students who are enrolled after passing out in Secondary (M.P) examination or its equivalent as stated above in 2020 or 2019 (unable to get admission in the year 2019 due to unavoidable reason) for the first-year Diploma (Polytechnic) course[ H.S. Examination or its equivalent for Diploma in 3-D Animations & Graphics or Pharmacy or Modern Office Practice and Management of two years duration] and after passing out in “West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development “ courses, which is equivalent to H.S Examination for 2nd-year Diploma(Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis, will be eligible to apply. Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination for applying for the scholarship [excluding the marks secured in the optional elective subject, if any].
For UG – level:
The minimum qualifying marks for being considered for award of scholarships will be 75% in aggregate, in the H.S. Examination conducted by the W.B. Council of H.S. Education/Madrasha Siksha Parishad. For the UG (Arts), UG (Commerce), UG (Science) separate merit lists will be prepared.
For PG – level:
Candidates should be graduates securing at least 53% marks in the Honours subject at the graduation level. The marks obtained in the Honours subject will be the only deciding criterion academically for an award of the PG-level scholarships. Kanyashree recipients (K-2) (married/unmarried) pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts, and Commerce stream from Universities of this State after obtaining Under Graduate Degree with 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State will come under the aegis of this Scholarship Scheme. There is no need to submit an Income Certificate and Income Affidavit in respect of Kanyashree students applying for K-3 scholarship under the Swami Vivekananda Merit–cum–Means Scholarship Scheme.
APPLICATION AND SANCTION PROCEDURES
Candidates for different categories will submit their applications online in the scholarship portal and applications i.r.o scholarship cases would be arranged in descending order (based on marks obtained in the qualifying examination apart from income/means criteria), and scholarship would be sanctioned as per the availability of fund and strictly based on the merit list. the fund may be transferred to the beneficiary account if the documents are in order.
For failed transaction of scholarship money, the last date of correction at respective Directorate end is 30th June of each year for the previous financial year failed transaction as per IFMS norms.
RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP
For renewal of scholarship, an application must be submitted online to the concerned scholarship sanctioning authority within one month from the date of his/her admission in the next higher class due to promotion by passing in the first attempt. (In case of Semester mode-All Semester Examinations need to be cleared in the first attempt). Renewal cases (concentrated only at a particular level of study) will be sanctioned subject to good academic performance (Minimum 60% marks (combining both semesters) should be obtained from Higher Secondary Level to Undergraduate Level at the promotional examination) and 50% marks (combining both semesters) at Post Graduate Level.
DIRECTIONS FOR RENEWAL OF SVMCM SCHOLARSHIP OF GENERAL DEGREE/POST-GRADUATE DEGREE STUDENTS UNDER DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTIONS:
1st Renewal: Submission of SEM 1 and SEM 2 Marksheet required
2nd Renewal: Submission of SEM 3 and SEM 4 Marksheet required
DIRECTIONS FOR RENEWAL OF SVMCM SCHOLARSHIP OF MBBS STUDENTS
1st Renewal: With the submission of 1st MBBS mark sheet
2nd Renewal: 2nd Prof MBBS mark sheet will need to be furnished for the 2nd renewal in the following year.
3rd And Final Renewal: 3rd Prof Part 1 MBBS mark sheet will need to be furnished for the 3rd and final renewal in the following year.