FACULTY OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
FOR FILLING UP OF THE VACANT SEATS OF THE UG DEGREE PROGRAMME
The candidates want to participate in the Decentralised Counselling (Spot Round) MUST note the following regarding
Choice Filling –
1. The students already admitted to a UG degree programme under FET JU are to submit this form ONLY IF they
want to change their existing course, where he/she has taken admission.
2. The candidates must provide their choice of courses according to their preference of admission. They can provide
any number of choices subject to a maximum of 16 (sixteen) for fresh applicants and 15 (fifteen) for students
already admitted to a UG programme under FET, JU. The already admitted candidates MUST NOT give their
existing course as a choice.
3. Selection will be made according to the preference expressed by the candidates and availability of seats.
4. Once selected for a course of preference, the candidate will be automatically admitted to that course. There is NO
option of not accepting the admission.
5. For candidates already admitted in Jadavpur University, if he/she is selected and admitted to a course of his/her
preference, he/she will not have the option of rejecting that and reverting back to the original course where he/she
is presently admitted.
6. For candidates already admitted to a course under FET, JU, if he./she is not selected for any course of his/her
choice, his/her present admission will be retained.
7. The advance deposit paid during the application for this round will be adjusted with university fees for the
selected candidates. For the candidates not selected to any course of his/her choice the deposit will be refunded
back after one month of completion of the admission process by the University. Relevant notice will be issued in
due course of time.
8. Make sure that the information filled in the application form are correct and true. All selection will be based upon
the data provided in the form. Verification of supporting documents will be made only for the provisionally
9. The West Bengal Domicile candidates having present admission in JU under All India quota may have the option
of selection in State quota for his/her preferred choice, if such vacancy exists. Carefully fill up the Domicile status
and also upload valid certificate for that.
The candidates MUST note that selection to any choice given by them will automatically confirm the admission to
that particular course. So give the choices (according to preference) very carefully and double-check before
submission. Once submitted it cannot be modified.
Selection of a candidate to a particular course of his/her preference will be based upon the vacancy existing at the
time of his/her allotment according to the WBJEE Rank (GMR).
Follow the Admission Information Brochure for all other guidelines and use the Medical Certificate proforma for
the medical certificate to be obtained from registered medical practitioner.