TFW Certificate for Wbjee Exam| Full Information | Pdf

What is the Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW)?


The scheme has been implemented by the Govt. of West Bengal for meritorious and economically backward students domiciled in West Bengal for admission into universities/university departments, government colleges, and self-financing universities/ colleges offering engineering/ technology /pharmacy/ architecture courses.

The waiver is limited to the Tuition Fee only. All other fees will have to be paid by the beneficiary.



1. Total Annual Family Income of the student from all sources must be less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs and fifty thousand) only and the income certificate as detailed below has to be uploaded during the online application.

2. The student must be domiciled in West Bengal and the domicile certificate has to be uploaded during the online application.

3. Merit listed in Engineering Category in WBJEE-2021

Which Colleges come under this?


The aforesaid TFW scheme will be implemented to all AICTE approved Govt. Engineering & Technology Colleges, Govt. Aided self financing Engineering & Technology Colleges and non-aided Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges of the state.

The competent authority for issue of Income Certificate in respect of the TFW Scheme are as enlisted below:


  1. For students from the rural region:
    1. An officer of the State Govt. in the rank of Block Development Officer
    2. Sub-Divisional Officer
    3. Additional District Magistrate
    4. District Magistrate
    5. Group ‘A’ Officer or Gazetted Officers of similar Rank or higher of State or Central Govt.
  2. For students from the urban region:
    1. Assistant Commissioner or above in Municipal Corporation
    2. Group “A” Gazetted Officer of State or Central Govt. of similar rank or above


Note: Income certificate issued by any elected people’s representative such as municipal commissioner, councilor of Municipal Corporation/Municipality, member of three-tier Panchayat system or GTA, MLA or MP is not acceptable for WBJEE-2019.

Candidates claiming TFW seats must submit a relevant Certificate issued from either of the competent Authorities as enlisted below.

Leave a Reply