West Bengal Freeship Scheme (WBFS)
The West Bengal Free ship Scheme (WBFS) has been introduced from year 2011. WBFS is for the Graduate students level in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture programs conducted by the self-financing private Engineering and Technical Institutions of the State. The waiver is limited to the tuition fee for all the institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fees will have to be borne by the beneficiary.
Eligibility for students who can apply under WBFS:
- ✔ Merit rank in State Level/National Level Entrance Examination.
- ✔ Candidate must be Domicile of the West Bengal.
- ✔ Annual family income of the candidate must not be more than Rs.2.50 lakhs.
- ✔ Candidates selected under Tuition Free Waiver (TFW) Scheme of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme will not be eligible under this WBFS.
What is West Bengal Freeship Scheme (WBFS)?
Since 2011, Govt of West Bengal has come up with a scheme about awarding of Half-tuition fee waiver or Half-freeship and Full-tuition fee waiver or Full-freeship to students belonging to specific income-brackets who become eligible for the same; by virtue of their admission into Government as well as Self-financing Engineering and Technological Institutes besides Engineering Departments of state-aided Universities of the State of West Bengal after featuring among the selected candidates through the counselling conducted by the WBJEEB.
The waiver is limited to the Tuition fee only for all the Institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fees will have to be borne by the beneficiary.
Instruction for Submission of Online Application of West Bengal Freeship Scheme
Application Procedure: Please follow the below steps to fill up the Online Application Form.
Step 1: Online Registration: At first applicants need to fill up and submit the online registration form. On successful submission of the Registration Form, an Applicant ID of 15 characters will be generated and it will be used to login and complete the remaining Steps of the Application process. The Applicant Id is also required for all future correspondences. Please maintain the Password Policy, for choosing the Password in the Registration Form, as instructed in the registration form. Please download the Registration Slip or note down the system-generated Applicant ID for future use. The Applicant ID will also be sent to the mail id, entered at the time of registration.
Step 2: Online Application: Login with the generated Applicant ID, Password (which was set during Registration Process), and Captcha (Security Code). After successful login, fill up the rest of the application forms. While uploading a Scanned Copy of the Image (Photograph) and Signature, please maintain the File Format and File Size as mentioned. Image (Photograph) and Signature format should be JPG/JPEG and size should be between 20KB-50KB and 10KB-20KB respectively.
Step 3: Upload Documents: After successful submission of application forms, the form to upload scanned supporting document will appear. Upload all necessary documents as mentioned in the form. While uploading, please maintain the File Format and File Size, as mentioned. Files should be in PDF format and size should not exceed 400KB.
Documents to be uploaded:
i: Marksheet Of (10+2)th Std. Examination
ii: Merit Rank Card
iii: Domicile Certificate(Format of Domicile Certificate is available under Download menu)
iv: Income Certificate of Family(Format of Income Certificate of Family is available under Download menu)
Competent Authority to issue Income Certificate:
For the purpose of determining the Annual Income of the parents/ guardians of the students, an officer of the State Government in the rank of Joint Block Developer Officer or above in the district/ their equivalent counterparts (Group-A Officer) elsewhere will be competent to issue Income Certificate.
Competent authority to issue Domicile Certificate in the prescribed Proforma in any one of A or B which is applicable:
1. District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Magistrate, Deputy Collector, Sub-Divisional Officer, Block Development Officer.
2. Superintendent of Police, Additional Superintendent of Police, Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police.
3. Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Police Commissionerate.
4. Judicial Magistrate of any rank or position in the concerned district or Metropolitan locality or Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta or Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
5. Corporate Area Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner.
6. Assistant Secretary or above in the Secretariat to the Government of West Bengal (including GTA) or Central Government.
7. Deputy Director or above in the Directorate to the Government of West Bengal or Central Government.
Step 4: Final Submission: After the successful upload of supporting documents, the online application is shown in view mode. You can edit the information if needed at that time. Now the submission process will be completed by clicking on “Final Submit Application” button to view the application.
Schedule of Online Application
|Schedule of Online Application|
|Online Application Form Submission||starts from 3rd November 2021 tentative|
|Last Date for Apply Online||——–|
Application Procedure: Please follow the above and read the again steps to fill up the Online Application Form.
Good luck and drop a like AND comment if you find this useful