WBJEE (or West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by WBJEEB to grant admission to students in undergraduate engineering, technology, architecture, and pharmacy courses offered by various private and government colleges in West Bengal. A total of 73119 students appeared for WBJEE 2020 that was held on February 2, 2020. Out of the total, 72298 cleared the exam.
Documents Required for Counselling
Documents needed for verification at the reporting center are listed below:
- High school mark sheet
- 10+2 or equivalent mark sheet
- WBJEE 2021 admit card & scorecard
- Seat allotment letter
- Receipt of online counseling registration fee payment
- Category certificate (if required)
- Domicile certificate (if required)
- Passport size photographs
WBJEE Offline Counselling Procedure (If happens)
The WBJEE counseling process comprises various steps which are given here:
- Online Registration & Fee Payment: Candidates must have to register themselves to participate in the counseling process. The registration process will be done only one time for all the rounds. After registration, candidates must have to pay Rs. 500/- as registration fee. Fee can be paid through debit/credit card & e-challan of Allahabad bank.
- Choice Filling: After the fee payment, candidates will be able to fill their choices of colleges and courses. Choices is displayed as per candidate eligibility. A choice filling will be allowed only once for all the rounds. Candidates must fill maximum choices for seat allotment.
- Choice Locking & Printing: Once candidates finalize their choices they must lock their choices. After locking the choices, candidates must take a printout of the locked choices for further use. In case candidates fail to lock their choices, then the last saved choices can be locked automatically.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be provisionally allotted to candidates on the basis of choices filled by them and seat availability. Candidates will be able to check their seat allotment result through the website. Candidates should download their allotment letters from the website. Seat allotment can be done in a total of three rounds.
- Reporting to the Reporting Centres (RCs): Candidates who have allotted a seat in any round of counseling will have to report to the RCs. Candidates will be required to carry the necessary document for the verification process. Further fee payment, receiving of allotment cards & admission withdrawal process will be done at reporting center. After receiving the allotment cards, candidates will have to report to the allotted college.
WBJEE Online Counselling Procedure
Step 1: Registration for WBJEE Counselling
Candidates who have either qualified JEE Main or WBJEE need to first register themselves for the counseling process.
- Visit the official website i.e. wbjeeb.nic.in and click on “New Candidate Registration”.
- Furnish details such as WBJEE/JEE Main Roll Number, Application Form Number, Candidate Name, Date of Birth and a Security Pin.
- After successful registration, an ID and password will be generated.
- Note these login credentials for future use.
Note: Make sure to enter all the required information correctly. As, once the registration is done, you will not be able to make any changes to details.
Step 2: Payment of WBJEE Counselling Fees
- Make a payment of INR 500 as the counseling fee.
- Candidates who make the payment will be allowed to participate in further counseling rounds.
Step 3: Filling and Locking of Choices
Candidates should be very judicious and cautious while selecting the choices. Candidates are advised to select the maximum possible number of institutes/ branches. This ensures that they always get an allotment. The candidate can always opt for UPGRADATION after accepting the current allotment. CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED THAT THEY MUST SELECT AT LEAST 20 CHOICES.
- Log into your accounts using the ID and Password generated in the previous step.
- Fill in your preferences for colleges and courses.
- The option to edit and submit the final choice will expire on the due date at 5:00 pm and the choices filled so far will be locked automatically. If a candidate fails to lock their choices within the pre-announced deadline, they will not be given any allotment in the current cycle but will be considered in the next cycle and will have the opportunity to submit choices in the next cycle(s).
Points to Remember during Choice Filling:
- Before filling the choices, make sure to check the WBJEE cutoff to know your chances of entering the participating institutes.
- Once choices are locked, candidates will not be allowed to make any changes thereafter.
- Candidates must take a printout of the selected choices after confirming them for future reference.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
After the conclusion of choice filling and locking, the candidates will be allotted seats based on their ranks and preference. This process will also be carried online and the students will be required to check the seats allocated to them by logging into their accounts.
The candidate can
- Accept and freeze the seat.
- Accept with the option for a possible up-gradation to their higher choices.
- Do nothing.
In case of Accept and freeze the seat: The candidate needs to pay the seat acceptance fee (₹5000 for allotment in Govt. Institutes, ₹5000 for allotment in TFW category, and ₹40000 for allotment in Pvt. Institutes) and download the allotment letter, which is provisional and is subject to successful physical verification by the concerned institute
Step 5: Document Verification
The documents uploaded by candidates will be verified by Virtual Reporting Centres (VRCs). Candidates need not visit any Reporting Centre for document verification.
- If all documents are accepted, the candidate will receive an SMS.
- If one or more document(s) is/are rejected, the candidate will receive a message; they can log in and view the reason for rejection. Candidates can also contact the Central Control Room in the WBJEE office for help if required.
- If any relevant document is illegible, the candidate will get an SMS to re-upload the document within a given time limit, which the candidate must follow.
Change of Willingness
- Candidates who have taken provisional admission in the first round can change their willingness from “YES up-gradation” to “NO up-gradation” but not vice-versa after the second round of allotment.
- To change their willingness, candidates need to report at the same RC where the provisional letter was issued.
To change the willingness:
- Candidates need to submit the provisional admission letter to the RC.
- They have to fill and sign for a change of option.
- Receive a modified letter from RC.
Refund of fee:
- Candidates need to report to the same RC from where the provisional letter was issued.
- As per the rules of the board and refund rule of the Ministry of Human Resource, the fee will be refunded